Library Cards + Borrowing
We are offering temporary library cards online!
¡Solicite una tarjeta temporal de la Biblioteca Cicero en línea!
Ve aqui para español: http://cicerolibrary.org/solicite-una-tarjeta-temporal-de-la-biblioteca-cicero-en-linea/
If you live in Cicero and are at least 13 years old, you may now apply for a temporary Cicero Library card online. The card will be valid for 90 days and you may use it to access online resources offered by the library–including e-books, e-audiobooks, e-comic books, e-magazines, movies, TV shows, music, and databases!
To apply for your temporary library card, click on the following link:
Once your card is approved, your library card number will appear on the screen and will also be e-mailed to you. (Tip: screenshot it for easy access!)
You will need your library card number to access online resources provided by the library. You will also need to establish a PIN for your library card. To establish your PIN:
- visit https://swanlibs.ent.sirsi.net/client/en_US/cis/#
- click on My Account
- type in your new library card number
- click on Forgot my PIN
- check your e-mail, you will receive a link to set up your PIN
To start checking out downloadable materials, please visit:
If you have difficulty registering for a temporary card or accessing online resources, please send an e-mail to email@example.com to request assistance.
CURBSIDE PICK UP AVAILABLE!
Contact-Free Curbside Pickup will begin on Wednesday June 17, 2020.
Curbside Pickup Hours will be Monday-Friday 10am-5pm, Saturday 11am-4pm (Days & Hours are subject to change). There’s a lot to know, so please read below:
Placing holds online, phone or email
- Online: You can place holds on Cicero items via the Swan Catalog Online: https://catalog.swanlibraries.net/client/en_US/cis/
- By Phone: Call us at 708-652-8084 Ext 6. If we are unable to take your call, leave a message with your request and a phone number. A staff member will respond to your request.
- By Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Wait for notification that your materials are ready for pickup
Staff will call or email you when your materials are ready for pickup. We may need a few days to fill orders as the service begins. Please do not come to the library before you have been notified. We appreciate your patience.
Picking up your holds
- Park in one of the three designated Curbside Pickup spaces on the west side parking lot, located on 53rd & Cermak Rd.
- Text 708-607-8008, call 708-652-8084 Ext 5 or use the link in your notification email when you arrive.
- Pop trunk or open it and return to your vehicle.
- Staff will place your materials in your trunk and notify you the transaction is complete.
- Find the Walk-Up Pickup sign at the library’s main entrance and follow the instructions posted there. *Please make sure you wear a mask and practice social distancing*
Please be respectful of our staff. Do not approach staff members when they drop off your materials. Thank you!
How do I apply for a library card?
To apply for a library card, please inquire at the Circulation Desk. Keep in mind, library cards stop being made 15 minutes before closing time. Please bring the following 2 documents:
- Current Photo ID (need not show address, must include current name, copies are not accepted)
- Official First Class postmarked mail from a business (handwritten mail is not acceptable) or a utility bill or another federal, state, county or municipal document dated within the last 60 days and show current name & address
Note: For children under 18, no documentation is required for the child, only the documentation for the parent/legal guardian.
Please look at our policy for more details:Library Card Policy
How may I renew my library card?
To renew your library card, please bring the expired card and the above-mentioned two forms of identification. If you have lost your card, there is a replacement fee, with a discount for seniors.
What should I do if my library card is lost or stolen?
If your library card is lost or stolen, please report it immediately to the Cicero Public Library. You are responsible for any materials checked out on your card until it is reported lost or stolen.
What may I check out with my card and how long may I keep the items?
You may check out a maximum of 200 items but the maximum number of DVDs and console games combined is 20. All materials check out for 3 weeks. The fine for overdue materials is 15¢ per day per item.
How do I get something from another library?
The SWAN catalog lists materials located in libraries throughout most of suburban Cook County. If you have a SWAN account you can search for and place holds directly from our website. If you need something that isn’t included in SWAN, our Reference Librarians will be happy to assist you. For more information, you can read our Interlibrary Loan page.
VIRTUAL LEARNING CENTER
Click image to visit the Virtual Learning Center!
To download e-books, you must have a valid Cicero Public Library card. To get started, visit our Magic Wall of e-books